On Thursday,The Associated Press reported that MLB is leaning toward explanding instant replay in 2012 to include trapped balls and fair-or-foul rulings down the line.
I think that its likely and pretty inevitable that baseball at some point expands its instant replay calls beyond just home runs since instant replay plays such a huge role in other sports and fans have become so accoustmed to it. People who oppose instant replay in baseball say that it drags the game on already when its used for home runs and that adding more reviews will make games even longer. I know everyone wants to get the call right, but calls can go both ways for a team. I dont think instant replay should be expanded. For every call that goes against your team, theres always one that acts the other way. I think thats what I like most about baseball; sure it can be frustrating and horrible when youre on the losing side of the call, but when a call is incorrect and your team wins, would you still compain? Overall I really think MLB should let the players decide or take a vote of some kind and see how they feel about adding more instant replay to the game, because really they're the ones who are making these plays.
I agree the players should have a say so and if they want instant replay and more opportunities to utilize it than MLB should establish those rules. There are too many games that are called the wrong way by bad calls from the umpires.
ReplyDeleteI think instant reply should be expanded in baseball. I mean take for example last year, when that one pithcer had a perfect game going in the ninth and the umpire completely blew it. Those type of situations need to be called correctly and I know no one is perfect, but with instant reply, they could be real close to perfect with those close calls.
ReplyDelete