Thursday, March 31, 2011

The moment I've been waiting for since the World Series ended


BASEBALL IS BACK and I couldnt be more excited. Every year I wonder how I made it through those 5 months without it. Im a huge Phillies fan and have been excited for this season since December 14 when I continously checked twitter and ESPN at midnight for stories about Cliff Lee returning to Philadelphia. The Phillies dont start their season until tomorrow and its a season that has been hyped throughout the off season. Truth be told I'm kind of nervous. We may have one of the best starting rotations in baseball, but Chase Utley is out for who knows how long, we lost our number 5 hitter Jayson Werth and no one is really consistant at the plate. Every fan is expecting them to make it to the World Series. A lot of websites are saying the Phillies are still the best in the National League, but theyre also saying the Braves may win the Division this year. I usually dont like to think that far in advance and make predictions mostly because I dont want to be more disappointed than expected at the end of the year. It seems like the Phillies always have rough patches during the season, they sent 18 players to the disabled list last year but still finished with the best record in baseball. Basically I always get nervous toward the end of the season, but some how the Phillies pull it off and get into the playoffs. So for now I think Im just going to get excited that the season is here, that we have Cliff Lee back, and I'll worry about the playoffs when its like August.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe that the Phillies could make it to the world series this year. I'm not a fan of them but I do feel like they have the potential to get there. I'm also excited for the MLB season to finally be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean-Opening Day is one of my favorite days of the year! I don't know how the Phillies will do but I know they play in a tough division and the Braves are looking pretty good. I am just excited that baseball season has offically arrived! And I can't wait to go to PNC for our first Pirate game of the year!!

    ReplyDelete