Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cliff Lee's Start Causes Excitment to Escalate


I've never been more excited for Phillies Spring Training to start than I have been this year. I've never really paid attention to the scores or to who is playing...but this year is different; because this year, Cliff Lee is a Phillie. Lee became a beloved member of the team when he joined them late in the 2009 season. When he left, mostly every fan was crushed. While his start on Tuesday wasnt anything spectacular, he allowed one hit, two runs, one walk and struck out three in two innings in an eventual 6-2 loss to the Detroit Tigers, it definitely made Phillies fans, myself included, even more pumped for the season to begin. Cliff Lee is the main reason why fans are so pumped, he's the main reason why the club has already sold more than 3.3 million tickets. Come April 2nd, his regular season start, nobody will remember yesterday's start. But for now these Spring Training games allow the fans to picture and get a preview of what the season will be like. A season that will hopefully live up to everyone expectations

2 comments:

  1. I really like CLiff Lee. I am a Cleveland Indian fan so I was a big fan of his since 2007. I was upset to see him leave but I still enjoying watching him play and I think he fits well with the Phillys. He is very consistant and a great pitcher and I can't wait to see how well he performs this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Cliff Lee will definitely be a Cy Young contender this season for the Phillies. However, I still am not on the wagon for the Phillies being so dominant this year. The same excitement was made for the Miami Heat with their "Big 3" and now the Phillies have a bulk of talented starting pitching. I am worried about their offense though because of Jimmy Rollins production drop over the years and the fact they lost Jayson Werth.

    ReplyDelete