
Honestly, I could care less about football. I’m usually only excited for the Super Bowl because of the commercials, but when I heard about the 400 Super Bowl ticket holders who lost their seats at Cowboys Stadium because a temporary seating structure wasn’t approved by a fire marshal, I really felt for them. Imagine spending so much money on transportation and on the hotel, and then arriving at the stadium for the moment you’ve been waiting for, only to have it denied. I would have been crushed to say the least. Now, the NFL is trying to make nice with the displaced fans by giving them $2,400 (3 times the face value of the tickets), free merchandise, and tickets to the next Super Bowl; they even allowed them to go on the field post game. I think that’s all great but it still doesn’t change the fact that these people missed out on probably one of the biggest moments in their lives, especially if they’re a Packers fan. I think being there is the whole point. Even to the fans lucky enough to have a seat, it wasn’t that great. I found this picture of a view some fans had and it made me think, which would be better? My seat and tickets being taken away from me, but being reimbursed and given free stuff or having the worst seat ever but still being able to say I was there. I can’t really compare it to the Super Bowl, but I know that if this was a Phillies World Series final game or even a Taylor Swift concert I wouldn’t care if I had a seat 10 million miles away, just being there and having a part in the experience would have been the best thing ever.
I completely agree. The stadium has no excuse for not having those seats ready and because of their mistake a lot of fans missed out of the experience of a lifetime. The stadium knew they were going to sell those tickets and had all season to put the seats in, they waited until the last minute and ruined the entire experience for those people.
ReplyDelete